As per date of printing – subject to changes – please come back to check for Updates regularly!
Tournament Regulation for Indoor Events (as of April 28, 2022)
No FFP2 masks are necessary, no special/additional COVID restrictions are valid. Neither for the players, nor spectators etc. Only above 500 persons at the same time in the location we would need a COVID representative and a special COVID concept, which will not be the case for our tournament.
For current information on entering Austria from abroad, and under which circumstances to register online (Pre-Travel-Clearance), please refer to:
1. Entry from states and regions that are not virus variant areas: proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative test result, no quarantine
These states and regions include EU/EEA states as well as third countries. Every type of entry into the country is possible from these countries – including tourist travel.
A valid 3G proof (vaccinated, recovered or negative test result) is required for entry. If there is no proof of 3G at the time of entry, registration via the pre-travel clearance must be made and home quarantine must be started immediately until a negative test result is available.
Proof of vaccination as defined in the entry regulation can only be provided by a document written in Latin characters issued in German or English (e.g. a yellow vaccination pass) mentioning vaccination with a vaccine which has been authorised by the EMA or which has completed the WHO’s EUL process (Emergency Use Listing Procedure). See Appendix CGerman text for vaccines. The EU Digital COVID Certificates, which are provided with an EU-compliant QR code, also count as proof of vaccination.
Proof of recovery from COVID-19 must take the form of confirmation in German or English (in Latin characters) from a doctor or a public authority (such as an official self-isolation order) of having recovered from the infection in the last 180 days.
Proof of testing is a medical certificate in Latin script in German or English, or a test certificate for:
- a molecular biological test for SARS-CoV-2, which must have been taken no more than 72 hours ago, and
- an antigen test for SARS-CoV-2, except one for self-testing, which must have been taken within 24 hours.
- Up to the age of twelve: no separate proof required
- Ages 12 and older: The general entry regime applies, which means that the minor must provide the required proof him/herself. Persons of school age carrying a Ninja-Pass (or similar tests with similar intervals) are exempt from the requirement to carry a 3G proof.
It is principally necessary for all persons who fail to provide a 3G-proof, wishing to enter the country to complete an online registration form (pre-travel clearance) before each entry into Austria. This can be filled in 72 hours before entry at the earliest. Commuters can use them more than once but have to renew them every 28 days. This means that persons who have a test carried out after they have arrived in Austria still have to register in advance online using the pre-travel